Toronto MQG Quilted Name Tag Gift Swap
- For each one you make, you will receive one (feel free to make extra if you want to receive more than one)
- Leave a space for their name (1x3” minimum) out of white or near-white fabric). We will be providing fabric pens at the November meeting to write your name on the nametag you receive or embroider later if you choose.
- Should include batting and have a finished edge
- Max total size = 3x5”
- To allow people to choose their wearing method (pin, magnet, lanyard etc) please affix a small fabric sleeve (with finished edges) at the back of the name tag, centred and near the top.
o Using a 2.5x2.5” square of fabric, fold in half, front sides together
o Sew a ¼” seam along the long edge
o Press the seam open, and turn outside in
o Press flat with seam in the middle, then press in half, folding raw edged together.
o Pin or clip to the top edge, with raw edges in line with the edge of the nametag. Put your binding on as usual.
o Hand sew the loose edge of the loop down to the back of the nametag, leaving some space for the wearing method to fit inside.
Turned edge tutorial:
Quilted name tag (instructions for turned edge and bound finishes):
Paper pieced name tags:
Bound name tag with zip pocket and integrated lanyard:
* Special thanks to the Rocket City MQG for their resources and inspiration images
See previous projects and challenges here