To Boston With Love

Some of you may have heard (via blog, instagram, etc) about an awesome project spearheaded by Berene and the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild called To Boston With Love. All Modern Quilt Guilds have been invited to participate.


The guilds, and individuals, have been asked to sew flags which will be displayed over the Memorial Day weekend at a prestigious Boston location. You can read a bit more about here at the VMQG blog. The basic tutorial is included in that post (please follow the directions as much as possible so that the flags are uniform) and you can find another post with links to tutorials for the centre designs here.


I am the coordinator for our guild and will be mailing the flags to Massachusetts - I do not have a date that I need them by yet (waiting to hear about some couriering stuff) but they do need to be in Boston by May 21st in order to be displayed. That means they need to be done soon!!

Please contact me (Kaye) through my personal email or through the guild email. I would love to get as many flags from the TMQG as possible (if you can make more than one that would be awesome). I think this is a really great way for people to show support and to take part in a project that, I believe, will touch the hearts of many.

Comments

  1. You know I'm in! I've already started sketching some ideas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome possum! Let me know when you can get them to me!

      Delete
  2. I have 3 almost done that I can get you this weekend. Great project.

    Steff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Steff! Send me an email when they're completed and we'll arrange a way to get them to me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020 Meeting Recap