A Message from Kaye

*I was going to call this post "The Presidential Address" but I thought that might be going too far, haha!*

Hey y'all! As I mentioned in the newsletter, on Facebook, and in the previous blog post, there was an important announcement made at the September guild meeting. For those of you who were not there, here it is:

I am resigning as President of the Toronto Modern Quilt Guild. I will officially step down at the end of this year, and the new (as-yet-to-be-decided) President will lead their first meeting in January. We'll get to the logistics of this in a moment, but I wanted to address my resignation a little further first.

I have been President for over three years now (it'll be just about 3.5 years by the time I step down), and I think that it is time for someone else to take the reins. The past few months have been a bit of a whirlwind, what with the new MQG fees and structure, and some changes to our own guild. I would love to remain President of the guild, I've had a lot of fun over the years, but recently I have begun to feel overly strained, which isn't good for me or for you. I hope that a new President will bring a fresh perspective and energy to the guild and will be able to open the guild up and help it to expand into an even more welcoming place for all quilters. Just in case anyone is wondering, I am not planning to leave the guild completely - I will still be attending meetings and will do my best to help the new President get situated.

Rather than doing our presentation on "selling" at the October meeting, we will open the floor to any potential nominees who wish to speak about their vision for the guild's future. There will also be a chance for members to ask questions of the nominees, and also to ask any questions or air any concerns about what effect my resignation may have on the guild. Elections will be held at the November meeting via a blind write-in ballot, unless we decide otherwise at the October meeting.

I also wanted to give a little warning in advance that I *may* not be able to attend the October meeting, as I will be in England around that time for work (I know, who would have guessed that librarians were such jet-setters, right?); I will do my best to be back in time but, since this is also my first trip to Europe,  I may stay a couple of extra days and/or may still be getting over jet-leg. We will just have to wait and see.  

If you have any questions or concerns about my resignation, or if you are thinking about running for President and just want to chat, please feel free to email me either at my personal email or at the guild email.

Thanks all - it's been quite a ride!
-Kaye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020 Meeting Recap