March 3rd 2019 Meeting Recap


Hi there!  Welcome to the roundup of the March 3rd, 2019 meeting.  It was pretty action packed! Yours truly volunteered to take up the cap of Communications Officer, so apologies, but some names and details are probably going to be lacking in this month’s roundup, but I will be more on top of it next month, I promise! 

Quiltcon Roundup
So, first up was the QuiltCon roundup, so all of those of us that didn’t manage to go, got to hear about the great happenings.  This included the winners of the quilt categories, recap of classes that the members attended, and a bit about our Charity Quilt and what is happening with it.

Spotlights and Socials
It’s a new year, so it’s a new round for socials and spotlight sign ups. A lot of slots have been filled, but there are still a few available. Please consider signing up for one of these, and help contribute to making our program great, not mentioning making more connections with our membership!

Budget-2018 and 2019
We also had the budget review from Adrienne, so all the members had an opportunity to look at the numbers and understand the budget for the year ahead. Even better, we heard about how we raised over $700 at the garage sale, proving that we never lose our appetite for more fabric!!!

Block Lotto
Next up, Rebecca presented her Block lotto blocks and instructions: we’re doing String Blocks.  Instructions for the blocks can be seen here. Here are some Rebecca prepared earlier! I, of course, will be making mine at the last minute......who else is with me?


Quilts at the Creek
We had a great presentation on Quilts at the Creek from Valerie, which was inspirational.  I wasn’t able to go last year, but I’m determined to make it this year, and I hope I’ll see quilts from lots of our members there!  As with other years, there will be opportunities to volunteer during the event.  It will run July 26th/27th , and you can find out more information here. We also got 2 for 1 ticket postcards, and remember, if you enter or volunteer, you get a free entry.

Show and Share
We had  a shorter Show and Share this month, and I’m afraid I am not up on whose quilt belongs to whom, so here’s a selection of what we saw. Along with my apologies for not being able to credit the quilts and a promise that I'll be better next month!









Next Meeting
Don't forget that our next meeting is the usual last Sunday of the month--March 31st, 2019, and we'll have Libs Elliott for a trunk show-I'm sure you don't want to miss it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020 Meeting Recap